Friday

More Tidbits from '82


Lost in a meadow
Drowning in a brook
I can't find back the peace
you took

They said the pain would go away
But hard to accept as it may (be)
I know it's here to stay

* * *

There's a feeling deep inside of me
A growing pain - a memory
I can't remember, can't forget
The thousand strangers I have met

They're all alone, but all the same
Hiding all their inner shame
They're all looking for the keys
To open the door to love and peace

They realize not among their sins
That the answer lies within... within
the answer lies within

* * *

In far off lands, the hunger, pain
The long, hard days with little rain
You think you know what they go through
My God!  You don't know much, do you?!
You think your life is on the brink
But they don't have the strength to think!

* * *

Sister, where do you think you're goin'?
The dam has broken, the river's flowin'
You do know where to go, don't you?
I wouldn't go unless I knew

Leave us now, and all your tears
Will equal all the forest's years
Sleep tonight and your silent scream
Will echo in a horrible dream

Take my words and hold them dear
I told you to stay here.
Here, away from fear

(approx. 1982)

No comments:

Post a Comment