Monday

Note to Readers, 1984


Dear reader,

My primary intention in this notebook is to write exactly what comes to mind.  It is also a study on you.  You're free to read it all, but as I've said before, I am not responsible if you are shocked.  If you're a complete stranger, I have a lot of sympathy for you.  After a handshake and a congenial conversation, surely you wouldn't expect this.

Well, don't freak out.  Contrary to many personalities, what you see and talk to in person is the real me.  When I write, I usually write fiction.  I experiment.  I want to reach all people and don't want to be known for just one style.

And then there are the diary-like entries, where I actually have serious topics of discussion.  But there's always a little sarcasm involved.  You just have to know where to look for it.

Anyway, you've come this far.  You must continue.  I hope you find something of use in here.  Well, good luck one and all!

Love, Sharon

- March 19, 1984, A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment