Sunday

Impatient


12:00
boredom set in
it could be another existence
it could be another state of mind
but it's all the same

futile dreams 
of a dying youth
a vicious circle pulls me under
pull me down, friend?
I'd like to see you try

they tell me not to do this
am I two extremes?
see me by day, and there's an unreal glow
but on the weekends -
is this just one of those days?

See the dreams
they burn into my soul
the only thing I don't have patience with is success
it's not that I want it, now
but I want to know it will happen

I could reach a place that would keep me
sidetracked, and happy enough to forget
but I am youth
I want a piece of the world

I feel an element of urgency
something is amiss
I'm a dreamer -
but I'm getting somewhere, aren't I?
further than the others, no?

I can't get by by the light alone
it takes strength
and skill
perhaps I could sleep my way to the top
but think of the mornings after
and I'd rather not be remembered by how good 
I was in bed
that doesn't make an album
the only time I want to be yours is on stage,
thank you

(approx. 1984)

No comments:

Post a Comment