Friday

We Went Cold


Somewhere inside of him, he went cold
then something inside of me went cold in turn
so much for the Xmas present
so much for the ambiguous lifestyle
so much for the self-hatred
insecurity
and extra appendage
so much...

and all for what?
and all as a cause of what?
lost in a timeless dilemma,
it's done over and over again

it takes a particular type of strength
which I wasn't willing to produce
I need myself
I need my friends
but I don't need this
so I didn't take it

causes -
there are so many causes
why I was cold
why I drew back
why I let him see it and waited for him 
to say it

maybe he's jealous of my relationship with Emerson
or maybe...
or maybe...

there's no answer
there aren't even questions
so why search so hard into emotions?

it's all laid out before our eyes
if I wanted, I could build the bridge back up
but in all honesty, I don't want to

it's winter, now
time to be with myself
time to hibernate, 
alone, with pure thoughts

life is a struggle, but living is easy
and it's time to move on...

- Dec. 2, 1983, A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment