Monday

Sister Sunday


I woke up this morning and I felt like shit
and I knew it was you I knew you did it

Sister Sunday ain't no good to me no more
she treats me as tho I am washed ashore
on the nightmare memories of a Saturday night
and there's nothing at all nothing seems quite right

As the rain falls upon the windowsill
I'm feeling as tho I'm in living hell
sleep's not so kind as to entertain me all day
and I feel like I'm falling I'm slipping away

Sister Sunday drowns me in an ocean of lost dreams
and it's not as it is, isn't like it seems
I feel blue, I feel dreary, windy and grey
frozen by the touch of this Sister Sunday

With the Christians in church see the town is asleep
and all over bells toll in the churches to keep
those not in church aware of this day
but I know her well, she is Sister Sunday

Sister Sunday has a cold grasp on me
she breathes down my neck and demands me to see
what I used to want, what life used to hold
but now she has left me thoughtless and cold

Don't come near me again, turn away, turn away
My nightmare, my weakness, my Sister Sunday

- Dec. 19, 1983, A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment