Monday

Nothing to See Here (Thoughts After a Visit to the School Counselor)


It's all bullshit
didn't help me any,
and it depressed me more
it made me think again about suicide

if people would just leave me alone,
I think I'd be all right
but the attention makes it worse

don't give me this shit -
tell me what to do with my life -
it's not as bad as I make it sound
I get dramatic, sometimes!

Ignore me, please!
I don't want this attention!
I know you care, but I know what I need
let me drown myself in my troubles a while
let me breathe

Don't give me your truth!
I'll live by my own, thanks
don't get "concerned", to cheer me up
then tell me I'm a fuck-up
then give that look of sympathy
or earnestness
or some other shit

You'd think the whole world stopped
just to watch me suffer
move on!  move on!
my agony is just a drop in the ocean of the world's pain
me?  I'm crying for the world

And if one more person tells me
that I can't do what I want unless I fucking conform,
it'll be the final step off the ladder for me

You wonder why I'm down
when you're the cause
I get inspired - so inspired!
but someone always brings me down

Thank you, one and all!
you've stirred so much resentment and hatred in me
that now I have to prove to you I can do it my way

You little shits thought you had me
but you had me wrong
I'm not alone
I'm not dying
I just keep forgetting that I'M the one
who's supposed to be defeating YOU,
not the other way around

You almost had me taken
but I've come back just in time
time to look towards the future
and leave the fucking conformists behind.

- Dec. 19, 1983, A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment