Wednesday

I'd Rather Smoke


[note:  if there was ever a tune for these lyrics, I don't remember them.]


I walked out on the street
I walked this way and that
I tried to think of a reason
why you treat me so bad
I went on down to the store
and bought a bottle of Jack
(spoken) Baby, why are you less gratifying than a cigarette?

I walk the dog in the daytime
in the night I call the cat
I've got nothing to do but eat
and now I'm getting fat
I hold a sweater in my lap
and slowly pick out all the fuzz
(spoken) Baby, why can't you give something more than that old nicotine buzz?

Cause I'm lost for the reason
that you make me so blue
(spoken) Baby, why would I rather have a Camel than be with you?

I'd rather smoke
ooooh I'd rather smoke
I'd rather smoke
yeah yeah I'd rather smoke

(early '86)

No comments:

Post a Comment