Monday

Vac U


They believed in what it was
They followed the path that the others
had laid out
They learned how to live in the vacuum

I wonder
If I was ever alone
in my rebellion of it
I believed I was different
I believed I was alone
But here, I see I suffer with the rest

There is something terribly wrong 
in the Institution
It will suck you up
if you don't rebel
But it's the rebellion that kills
It drives us to our half-dead state

Our teachers can't teach
Our students can't learn
Education is dead at the State U

Perhaps
there is a place for me
Perhaps I don't belong in school
But then, who does?
Who belongs to the death?

Perhaps they will tell me
that I am at fault
I can belong, but I don't

They want to help me learn
to live in the vacuum
If I go to them,
they'll let me know that they care

But why?
Why do they exist?
Why must I shake away part of my mind
to reach goals of prosperity?

I'm already believing
that what I feel is not unique
Next, I will learn to work in spite of discontent

Then, I will lose my life
I will believe in what it is
I will follow the path that the others have 
laid out
I will learn how to live in the vacuum

- Dec. 2, 1985, A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment