Thursday

Yesterday


It is a modern world, today
But I belong to Yesterday
I have remembered what others forgot
Things that were, but now are not
And for this world I'm not to blame
'cause I belong to Yesterday

Scientists are everywhere
Making dreams come true
Studying the hemisphere
And cloning me and you

Yes, in the streets, the children play
in my world of Yesterday
They call me crazy, but I'm not
I just know what they've forgot
But all in all, there is no shame
Because I love my Yesterday

But can't you see the ones like me
Dwelling everywhere?
Living life in memories
Living without care

Some may say it's the easy way
And sometimes I agree
Not seeing what is in today
Is that really peace?

I don't think that I can stay
In my world of Yesterday
I won't forget the things I know
But I must let my own self show
And though things will not be the same
I'll still belong to Yesterday

Living hi or living low
Be what you can be
There isn't just one way to go
Just one that sets you free

Well, slowly, I have slipped away
From my world of Yesterday
I still go back there once or twice
But it's no longer paradise
I am new, what can I say?
Still, I'll remember Yesterday

(approx. 1980-81)

No comments:

Post a Comment