Tuesday

Waitress Dream


I dreamt last night that I walked up to one of those sit-and-eat counters in a restaurant, and the waitresses there began to tell me how to make the coffee, where to put my purse, etc.  All of a sudden, I had three tables who had ordered food, and I had no desire whatsoever to serve them.  So I sneaked out the back way, and walked into a classroom, and the teacher kind of glared at me, and then all the students turned around to look. 

"I want to come to class, but the waitresses over there seem to think I want to work with them, you see?  Well, I have to clear this whole thing up.  Is it okay if I come back later?"  I said.

The professor said, "Sure."

"This is math, isn't it?" I asked. 

"Yes."

"Advanced?"

"Sure.  We've got any advanced math class you'd want to take."

"Good.  Then I'll be back."

I walked out of the classroom and back into the restaurant.  I walked out of the restaurant and the dream was over.

- Oct. 13, 1987

No comments:

Post a Comment