Wednesday

Hesitant Vulture


Oh yeah
it's gonna hit me in one blinding flash
Oh yeah
I'm gonna know when the precise moment comes

Bullshit
I cannot guess what to say or when to say it
That damn ice age --
could it still be with me?

I can't find the answer in a poem
or an essay by Emerson
or a dream
or a desire
or a tarot card
or in me
I can't find the answer in The Other

The future has come
and I'm lost
and I'm anxious
and in one quick conversation,
an entire dream could be shot down

In an instant
I am vulnerable
two weeks could distract or attract
or perhaps the answer has always been known
perhaps it is waiting for me

I will resort to complete honesty
I will speak of myself as myself
I won't prolong myself to another day

Hesitant vulture
waiting for the right hour
for the perfect piece of meat
this meat may be hard to get
but the mountain I climbed for the view
was much harder

I will be myself
I will sustain
I may survive. . .

- Aug. 28, 1985, A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment