Monday

What's Felt


What's felt
is known
and proven

More destiny than plan
Take it slow
it will last forever -- 
some way or another
not always good,
perhaps,
but sometimes 
better

Innocent,
but overwhelming,
desires
suddenly, it all came together
in your mind;
I really meant it
and there I was

Proven
in soft contact
your heart is racing
I really mean it
you should never have to question
When I'm gone,
it will still be there
it's shorter than we think until --
hold on to that heartbeat
it speaks rightly
there are no deceptions
as we -
separate -
in time
only the heartbeat
don't ever seek more

Fluid time:
my next day
is the day with you
what matters here
is only a dream
it means something,
but I can't say what
it will be gone tomorrow

Tomorrow,
I'm flying like never before
my journey is just beginning
it's going to be good
and I'd like you to join me
at least for a while
It's waiting

Hush
How well it was known
before
seen, but deeply within
one view for each mind
merging in time
to one view to share
one feeling that binds us
never the same in both minds
but the single,
solitary heartbeat
will sustain the truth

It's nothing
and it's everything
it is also something
but don't confuse
what is born of the stars
with the laws
of the earth
all that is
is among the heartbeats
rules and obligations
will only stop the pulse

Love?
Yes, universally
Here?
don't know
I cannot say, yet
I have always known
and never known
love

There is no time
between the meetings
progress is fast
although spaced
by weeks
by clock
and calendar
it does not change us

I think I know how you feel
so obvious how it is with me
too easy
too good,
but meant to be
I'm not the only one who feels
you must deserve this happiness

For me?
I pessimize
what I deserve
is hope returned
perhaps it's the same light
we're searching for,
still

It's deep, this feeling
not easily broken
it's held firmly in the heartbeat
it belongs to you of its own free will
take care with it
it can enhance you

relax, content
and wait
tomorrow is today
where
what's felt 
is known
and proven

- May 20, 1985, A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment