Saturday

Unleash Thyself!


Ha, ha
I bet you thought I couldn't walk a straight line
but I rose above the ground;
to the people of another world,
my line was perfectly even
there are no boundaries

Ha, ha
I bet you thought you had me caged
but no one can cage the universal psyche
you'll feel pretty stupid once you realize:
the material world has no real ties

Ha, ha
You go out and buy groceries
while the canine is satisfied with dog biscuits
look again -
your twinkies are people biscuits
praise Hostess
praise Disney
praise Micky
praise Ronnie
praise God Almighty
we loved that intense resurrection trick
Play it again, Sam

Ha, ha
you'll never transcend from this world
if you make your own boundaries
praise Micky
praise Dicky
praise Julie
praise Chucky
uncanny
uncanny
A fish without a bicycle
"Ride me!  Ride me!"
the bicycle pleads
in the distance, a fish cries,
"I can't ride you until I get my caviar fixed."

Ha, ha
you can't believe what I just told you
you close your mind to the possibilities
you'll never believe
you'll never believe
in magic.

- April 6, 1985, A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment