Thursday

Satanic Snake Poison


My head feels one foot thick
I wonder if it was worth it. . .
Satanic drug spider's web
tunnel of horror
circle of fear
faces shaped by circus mirrors

pitch black
falling over
falling through
stepping over corpses
lights on
men in robes perform a plastic ritual in our very image
endless, well-rehearsed
colors flash
motion in a box

lights on, wander out, buy a shirt, wander home
past the witching hour
can't sleep
demons in my head
turn endless somersaults
force me to complete a thought
hours slip by
no sound
the mind keeps working itself over and over
daylight breaks
sleep - but wait!
another chain of thoughts begs remembrance

another hour
and I'm showering
change the date, it's now tomorrow
head swims
do this, do that, on the bus, in school
Satanic snake poison still in the system
blind to what I'm supposed to be
confused, twisted, everything done wrong
no one suspects until I've come completely down
I shouldn't be alive
there will be no tomorrow
unless I can sleep as soon as possible

my head feels one foot thick
I wonder if it was worth it. . .

- April 18, 1985, A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment