Monday

I walked


I walked
farther, faster
becoming the road
facing the horizon - racing forward to the horizon
but I never arrived

Hello?
Do you know me?
Did you ever feel lost?
I did
so I began walking

I had an idea 
of my surroundings
but then I looked up 
and somebody had changed the furniture
I was lost
so I began walking

and here I have stopped
but this is not my destination;

I went from Summer
to Autumn
to Spring
there have been cities
and countrysides
and I have met many people
but still, I was lost
so I kept walking

I walked
sometimes, I ran
trying to catch the rainbow
trying,
but it disappeared

hello?
hello again
I've see this place before
but even yesterday, it was different
I came to a place where I was happy
and I stayed
but it left me
I was lost
so I began walking

And here, I rest to reevaluate
but this is not my destination.

- Feb. 4, 1985, A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment