Sunday

Slaughterer, Reformed


Sometime, if you want, I'll give you the chance
I'll show you the crime I've committed
I'll show you one of the best friendships ever
slaughtered, by the hands of two amateurs
who let lies form a cloud between them

Sometime, if you want, if you give me the chance
I'll show you, step-by-step, the process
I'll re-enact it so well you'll see the blood on my hands
and feel the wound in your heart
as though you were my victim
Look down!  You, too, will see the blood on your hands
and I'll show you the process of lying

Or sometime, if you ask, if it's what you want
I'll show you the prevention
I'll teach you to fight off the dragon of Falsehood
and help you prevent such nightmares as I've seen
if you ask me, I'll save you from committing a murder
and any blood spilled on you 
will wash clean

- Jan. 13, 1985, A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment