Monday

Dream 2


The vision:
there is a purple-blue sky with pale stars
and in the distance,
a huge eye begins to open
from beneath the eyelid comes
not an eye
but a planet where the eye should be
a pale greenish-yellow-white planet
that's watching me

Although it's warm outside,
the trees speak late Autumn or Winter
There are little half-consciousness who,
as the rays of this planet hit them,
run off like animated goblins,
looking for a dark place to hide

which leaves only me
I remember from a film about the Holocaust
the phrase, "War nods, but has one eye open"

Is this that eye?
it bears a striking resemblance to Earth

If that is Earth,
where am I?
on my own planet, far, far away
my own world
the Earth sheds a light on me

is this the eye of war, as spoken?
is this what I should fear?
it captivates me
but I feel as though I should 
run away with the others

like the moon, coming out of an eclipse,
it watches

but dark corners are still dark corners
and my world remains intact.

- May 7, 1984, A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment